Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(11-06-2016, 06:26 PM)Canard Wrote: Sorry, but I disagree with trespassing on railway property and would never do it.  Too much Operation Lifesaver in my blood.  I do appreciate seeing what you were able to capture in your photos, though... I would have loved to have seen it in person, too, but just can't bring myself to break the law in order to do so.

I hope you’ll take this in the somewhat tongue-in-cheek way that I intend it. I just have to tweak you a little bit on this. Operation LifeSaver is primarily about being aware of risk. KevinL is clearly aware of the risk and is managing it responsibly.

Would you really tell somebody they are wrong to practice their balancing by walking on the rail parallel to the Spur Line trail, knowing that trains pass at a walking speed and almost exclusively at night, and escape to the trail itself is trivial?

Meanwhile, you yourself have probably trespassed recently to obtain photos. The McDonald’s is closed. As such, nobody has permission from the property owner to climb the stairs or stand on the landing. Now my point is not that you should not have done that — I would consider it absurd to say so — but that unthinking adherence to the rules is simply not needed and not evidence of virtue.

Still, it’s a personal choice and I would never tell you that you positively should go anywhere you’re not comfortable.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 11-07-2016, 09:24 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM