Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Now, the next segment may bring me some criticism here for how I obtained these photos. I freely admit trespassing on CN property to do so, and I do not want to endorse such activity in general.

I do wish to clarify:
  • I undertook this at my own risk, knowing what I may encounter.
  • I remained off the tracks whenever possible, maintaining safe distance except when crossing over.
  • I remained vigilant at all times of any approaching trains.
  • At no point did I enter an active construction zone.
That said, this afforded me an excellent look a the new creek bridges that were constructed for both the freight line and the LRT.

Both bridges in profile.

[Image: 2bWT1Sa.jpg]

LRT bridge.

[Image: ZJLit4I.jpg]

Opposite angle.

[Image: FaJavhz.jpg]

From below. Interestingly, each bridge has a completely separate design for its span, but their footings do have cross-connecting piece as well.

[Image: gR6lxuQ.jpg]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by KevinL - 11-06-2016, 05:30 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM