Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(09-30-2016, 04:31 PM)chutten Wrote:
(09-30-2016, 12:56 PM)nms Wrote: I'm not sure if it was a one-off because University was closed to east-west traffic, but I happened to be near Bridgeport and Albert between 5:00 and 6:00 on Thursday and traffic was backed up from Erb east of King Street.

I go through Erb @ FDB Dr every morning. Since the Erb @ Caroline opening, there has been serious madness coming from Bridgeport.

The culprit seems to be that anyone who wants to go South on Caroline has to detour. Specifically, they need to take the new dedicated right-hand turn West, then along Erb to FDB. Then a left-turn with no advance to go South on FDB, curving to East. Finally there's a line of cars waiting to turn South on Caroline next to the Valu-Mart's loading docks.

Add in a healthy dose of lane closures in both directions, Eastbound cars blocking Erb @ FDB, and "gee wouldja lookit that"... and here we are.

Once the traffic can careen their way South down Caroline without obstruction I expect we'll see a completely new pattern.

I was up there today, walking around. There's signage for 2 directions coming off Caroline South, and I didn't see a single person obey either of them.

Multiple signs say "No Left Turns". The left turn lane has a bus-only symbol on it. Yet I saw many people weaving in and out of the traffic cones in order to make an illegal left. You'd think the traffic cones would tip them off, if not the gigantic signs, but I guess not.

The other sign said "No right turns on red". Everyone at the intersection when the light turned red drove straight past the "stop here on red" line and proceeded to turn right (when safe). When I drove through, I stopped at the red line on red, and had multiple people behind me honking at me.

Wonder how this will be enforced. Especially with trains coming down.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by GtwoK - 09-30-2016, 09:21 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM