Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(09-29-2016, 07:52 AM)jamincan Wrote: Victoria EB to King NB: everything north of Agnes (King Edward School) would be roughly the same speed or faster via Park. Slight delays for intermediate locations by taking Park & Agnes or Duke to Wellington.

Victoria WB to King SB: everything south of Water is faster via Water. Charles or Duke and Francis are comparably fast alternates for business between Victoria and Water.

King NB to Victoria WB: Water or Francis and Joseph or Charles. Similar distance, but with two left turns, strictly slower. Most people will want to stick to Charles over King heading NB anyway, so I think the people inconvenienced in this case would be minimal.

King SB to Victoria EB: Probably the worst of the bunch. Diversions would probably end up via Wellington and Weber or otherwise Water. Neither option is great. I expect you'll see a lot of illegal turns here.

This took me a minute to figure out, it's like a brain teaser. Victoria North and South meet King West here so I had to do some mental gymnastics to picture each scenario. Tongue
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Chris - 09-29-2016, 12:16 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM