Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(09-20-2016, 08:48 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(09-20-2016, 07:55 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: The ones I'm talking about aren't even right of way.  Between the sidewalk and the road there is a 2 foot wide utility corridor, and yet the light pole is right in the middle of the sidewalk.

Good point. I was thinking in terms of moving the other way, further from the road, and I don’t know where the (existing, easy to change via expropriation) property line is.

Or where the building is Tongue.  Yes, going the other way can present a problem, but in general the sidewalk should be as far towards the property line as is feasible, to keep pedestrians buffered from traffic.  There are however areas where property lines don't line up or there are grade issues making it possible, and preferable to put utilities on the other side of the sidewalk, that is true.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 09-20-2016, 09:12 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM