Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Some pictures to accompany my post earlier!

King / Vic looking great! I figure they'll probably get this one completely  done before reopening - sidewalks and all.
[Image: H2QjRll.jpg]

Loving the graded slope next to where the Northbound station will go here. Catpole bases had also just been poured!
[Image: kMzJsZ1.jpg]

All the poles and lights in at Benton / Charles, just waiting to be turned on. Very neat looking. Will probably get a bit messier once catenary is strung. Nice to see the sidewalk on the corner with the church has finally been poured, as well!
[Image: ow3lYvB.jpg]
[Image: HtFMeud.jpg]

Market Station area, very nice with all the grass in here. I can picture some nice, tall glass buildings going up here at some point in the future, on the corner.
[Image: ttcPT8l.jpg]

One thing I noticed at Queen / Charles - the sidewalks are very tight here, on the Northwest side. They are a reduced width and radius, because of having to fit around the 2 older buildings here, PLUS, there's traffic poles (the permanent ones) sticking out. People walking can get by if walking single file, but there's not a chance a wheelchair or mobility scooter would fit. Not sure what could be done about this.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by GtwoK - 09-14-2016, 10:26 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM