Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(08-22-2016, 06:05 AM)Canard Wrote: Not necessarily. As I've mentioned, just like in Toronto they may put a railing at the far end to discourage people crossing at unsafe locations.

As we have seen along the hydro corridor even a fence is not enough to discourage people from crossing at unsafe locations; I don't think a little railing will be enough to discourage accessing the platform from those locations - especially Allen when it is so tantalizingly close. People are going to do it, so make it as safe as possible to make no-smart decisions.

Interestingly, at KidsPark yesterday I was very surprised that there wasn't an LRT display of some sort given the number of other public service announcement type displays (police, fire, green bin, tap water, etc.). It was a perfect venue for teaching a lot of eager kids (and hopefully their parents) some basic safety skills for the soon to arrive trains.

This may seem like a silly question, and apologies if it has been answered in the previous 300+ pages, but are these platforms for the single length trains or the doubled up length ones? There just doesn't seem to be a lot of expansion room for some of the stations if they are the single length (i.e. Queen station).
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Pheidippides - 08-22-2016, 07:46 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM