Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Just a quickie (was out testing my new bike rack!):

A couple of notes:
  • Incredible progress along Northfield and King in front of Conestoga Mall. Track is either laid out, ready for embedding or completed all the way from the Northfield Station to Conestoga terminus! Crews were out working at 9pm still tonight. Gave 'em a wave and they waved back Smile
  • At least one of the new dwarf signals was on tonight - at R+T park! I think they indicate which direction the Gauntlet Track switches are set to.
  • All the lights were on on all the OMSF buildings. I'm not normally up at dusk/night, so maybe this is usual - but it sure looked great.
  • People sure are rude driving through the Northfield/King intersection. While turning South from Northfield onto King, I should have had the right-of-way when the light was green, but cars heading West, turning South kept coming and turning left in front of me. I finally had to lay on the horn and flash my high beams to get people to stop and yeild!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 07-29-2016, 09:27 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM