Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(07-28-2016, 01:07 PM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: Tying keys to the construction fences? What do you mean by that, keys to what?

I'm getting worried about the lack of security around Victoria and Waterloo. It's not just once that the gates have been left open and driven through on Victoria, with cars trying to get from the Waterloo side to the Joseph side of Victoria. They also wind up in the construction area where the old Momentum Developments showroom was, not sure how much danger or safety is there. The new one was last night when I saw a car all but crossing the tracks at Waterloo, since the gates were wide, wide open there. I know it's unlikely that the fences will ever be fully secure, and GrandLinq probably doesn't care about how many people lift the fences off their pegs and walk through, but in certain areas if they can do this and make it seem like a driveable passage, it's quite dangerous to the oblivious or frustrated motorist.

This absolutely irritates me. There is no reason to make such a dangerous act to save time. I've seen way too often people driving around barriers and closed road signs. I remember a car driver driving around a barricade just after tar was put down on a street. The tar was still wet and it splashed along the bottom of his new car. The roads are closed for a reason.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by kitborn - 07-29-2016, 09:31 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM