Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Some new discoveries this morning;
  • Someone at the Region/GrandLinq hasn't got a clue about signage standards, apparently
  • There are a lot of spots I worry that people are going to turn right on red, in front of trains
  • ...I know why Freemont is closed Smile

On to the photos...

1/4 - Saturday, July 23, 2016

Duke/Queen is still having some earth work done - a truck was just arriving with cat poles.  I imagine they'll be paving later this weekend or on Monday.

Grinding crews were getting ready this morning to work on the newly-welded rails in front of the Kaufman Lofts.  Another team just to the right here was getting ready to knock apart all the metal forms used for the embedded track between King and Duke, on Francis.

Status of the future "Queen" station.

Haven't been up to the top of the parking garage in a bit.  It's really fun to bike up (and down!) the ramps.  Smile

There are a few spots here and there on Charles where the embedding of the track hasn't been completed (and still that one big gap in front of Cameron Heights); but for the most part, Charles is just about complete.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 07-23-2016, 10:58 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM