Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
1/5 - Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Normally I don't get to see anything going on during the day, and only catch snippets of actual work being performed when the guys are out working after-hours or on weekends.  Today, I slept terrible, went into work super early and took off earlier than usual and went for a big bike ride along the line.  It was totally worth it!

First up - Duke and Queen! Right as I arrived, they were just getting ready to start pouring concrete. 2 days ago, this was wiggly steel rails in the dirt!

I believe someone had asked a few days ago what the black stuff was on top of the rails, before a pour. Answer: It's more duct tape! Big, wide, black duct tape. This keeps the concrete out of the flangeway, and off the rail head.

Here comes the concrete!

About 50 folks were working at this particular intersection. I imagine there is some impetus to get this done, so Frederick can close.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 07-20-2016, 05:26 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM