Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
That's usually the visual cue I look out for... This is a really interesting discussion. Especially for a novice cyclist like me who is just trying to get used to it all. What are my triggers for knowing if it's OK to ride on an off-road bit of infrastructure?

-If it's just concrete, I usually assume it's a sidewalk and avoid it because it's illegal for me to ride on.
-If it's pavement, I generally assume it's meant to be a trail for everyone ("MUT"), and I'll ride on it.
-If I see cycle lanes on the road and also a pavement trail, I get confused, because why would there be both? In this case I generally ride on the road for fear of getting a ticket or ticking someone off, even if I don't feel as safe doing so.

I really wish they had put their money into signage designating this instead of signage warning of the $110 fine for riding on crosswalks.

With regard to ion, the future Northbound Courtland lanes are now paved in the Manitou/Block Line area.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 07-04-2016, 07:05 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM