Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit

Sorry, but this makes me furious.  As a proud Canadian, Engineer and very vocal supporter of SI, this drives me insane.  We're not American - this should 100% be in metric...

Crews were also working along the spur through University of Waterloo. Looks like they're preparing to install the deck plates for the pedestrian crossings.

I couldn't quite figure out what this little guy is for. Anyone have any ideas?

At Columbia, there are now twelve crossing signal poles installed. This is just insane. All I can figure (and I really hope I'm wrong) is that Transport Canada must want separate ones for LRT vs. Freight. If that's the case... that's just nuts! I can easily see now why it was rumoured that Erb/Caroline is going to have 16 separate crossing arms going off every 4 minutes when a train goes through. Edit - Warren Schnurr on the facebook group pointed out that there were existing crossing signals there, and those will likely be removed when the new ones are activated. Google Street View confirms that there were pre-existing crossing lamps here! I rarely am up this way so I had no idea.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 06-24-2016, 08:50 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM