Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
A few photos from yesterday/ I hope you guys don't mind photos of minor day-to-day changes (it'd be a lot of effort to walk the entire Ion route every day), but if it starts to be an unwelcome barrage of photos, let me know and I'll lessen up a bit!

North side of Duke getting prepped for sidewalks between Water and Victoria. More sidwalks had also been added on the South side, along Francis and up to Bell Lane. I tried to take some photos of that, but the Grandlinq worker who was hanging around (waiting for it to dry?) told me I wasn't allowed to. Didn't feel like questioning why, so I moved on.

[Image: Ic9iL5a.jpg]

Duke / Francis may not be opening up so soon after all; a line has been cut through the pavement to mark the route tracks will fit into. So I guess that'll be happening soon.

[Image: tAeUIE7.jpg]

A finished Charles St ( from Water to the tannery entrance, at least)!

[Image: SORREAB.jpg]

What I assume to be traffic pole foundations being excavated at Charles / Gaukel. That may be what the cylindrical rebar was for at that intersection!

[Image: JH1OMyN.jpg]

Charles at Queen, mid-paving

[Image: o9NVhMI.jpg]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by GtwoK - 06-09-2016, 09:38 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM