Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
It's safe to say GtwoK is not the only one excited by this project!  Some of us may also be slightly enthused about the idea of urban rail coming to Waterloo Region. Wink

As I've mentioned, my folks live not too far from Bombardier's Millhaven facility, where our trains were previously only to undergo high-speed testing - but now trains 6-14 will also be built here. They were in the area yesterday running some errands, and grabbed a couple of photos for me.

Here's the test track our trains will be blasting along, hopefully by year's end! This is the track that runs along the North end of the facility, and was built for testing Toroto's TR (MOVIA) subway sets. I spotted the catenary going up earlier this year and suspected that this was where our FLEXITY Freedom sets would get to stretch their legs.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 06-08-2016, 06:15 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM