Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(05-26-2016, 08:19 AM)Canard Wrote: Thanks for digging that up! I think Alternative A, the chosen one, makes the most sense. It maintains all possible movements. I don't see any advantage at all with B; only disadvantages, since it prohibits certain movements off Mill.

The southbound left turns from Mill onto Ottawa probably don't have a high volume compared to all the other movements in that intersections so that's why they made an option without them. It also moves the bus stop on the island away from the freight rail a bit. Even without the additional traffic detouring off Courtland making that turn is always slow since there isn't an advanced green at that light. Using Mill as a northbound alternative to Courtland is pretty much done with either option it but I'm sure people will still make northbound left turns off Mill street for a while. Drivers getting off the highway at Courtland and heading to the west side of Kitchener use Mill to Spadina to Highland it seems from my casual observations and driving out of downtown on Mill Street in the evenings or coming from H-W & Ottawa at this time but I've since decided that H-W to Stirling and up Highland gets me downtown just as quick. Either way they go I'm going to avoid this area from now on.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by clasher - 05-26-2016, 09:55 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM