Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(04-29-2016, 05:17 PM)Canard Wrote:
(04-29-2016, 03:55 PM)clasher Wrote: I think beams are a nice shape. Those are wide-flange beams, not I-beams... I-beams aren't very common anymore.

Right; if you want to get really picky, they're W-profile sections.

...but no one will know what you're talking about, unless they work in fabrication Smile So I think I-beam is still a valid name.

Oh yeah for sure, I work as an ironworker and I figured people here would be more receptive to a bit of nitpicking Smile I-beam is pretty much accepted as the colloquial term and we still use it in shop talk even though we all know better. W-beam just doesn't roll off the tongue.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by clasher - 04-29-2016, 05:20 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM