Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(03-11-2016, 07:07 AM)Canard Wrote: Your assumption about frequency and speed is correct; while on the spur, trains move at something like 20 km/h and even have a flagman at the crossings (I've never actually been able to catch one in motion on the spur). On the mainline, there are closer to 20 train movements per day and the speeds are much higher.

Saw one in Uptown near Caroline and Erb once.

(03-11-2016, 07:07 AM)Canard Wrote: I am sort of in disbelief that some are trying to justify breaking a safety rule at the desire for convenience. I'm guessing those same people have never set foot in a factory floor, either, and would balk at wearing safety shoes or hearing protection.

People always make risk vs convenience trade-offs all the time. People are not robots and always try to do the easiest thing. Trying to deny human nature is a losing proposition.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by plam - 03-11-2016, 07:15 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM