Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(03-10-2016, 09:49 AM)MidTowner Wrote:
(03-09-2016, 11:26 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: I think there is a tendency to kneejerk: either any complaint about closures is just a version of NIMBY — any excuse to complain about the LRT project; or any closure is just part of Ken Seiling’s master plan to force everybody to ride the white elephant LRT by snarling traffic. Real life, of course, is more complicated than either of these options.

I don’t think it’s at all NIMBY to question whether more could have been done to prevent a detour of a kilometre. That’s a substantial barrier for a lot of people.

Agreed. My phrasing may have been unclear. I’m suggesting that one group of people (typically but not necessarily people who support LRT) will dismiss any criticism of a closure, while another group (typically but not necessarily LRT denialists) will complain about any closure, no matter how obviously necessary.

Other people will actually think about the specific issue being discussed and say something thoughtful.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 03-10-2016, 11:00 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM