Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
And yet, anecdotally, many voters whom I have spoken to, from new voters (ie 20-25) to older voters ARE treating this election as referendum. the common refrain I have heard is, "They didn't listen to me last time, they didn't listen to me at the public meetings, so I won't vote for any of them this time." For many of them, if there had been a referendum, and they had lost, they would have accepted the result. I hope that the returning incumbents keep that in mind as they work with their new colleagues. What would have been preferable: a direct referendum, or a less-than-desirable Council member who was elected as a protest vote?

For the record, I have also heard from many LRT supporters who while they are in favour of the project, think that the process has been badly handled to date on many levels (Region - voter; Region - City; Region - business). Many people will be watching this project.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by nms - 10-24-2014, 03:28 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM