Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I once had a subscription to The Record, and I too canceled it because of Jeff Outhit, and the kind of reporting I've seen by him and to a lesser extent Paige Desmond. In general, the paper too often reads like a reflection of ignorance, anger, and misunderstanding. It does little to help shape understanding in the region, often fomenting misunderstanding and divisions. (I also switched to the Globe in the end) I similarly ended my Maclean's subscription of a couple decades as they had a similar shift. I can understand that I won't love every piece a publication writes, but eventually the scales are so shifted that I can't keep supporting it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Viewfromthe42 - 02-01-2016, 08:48 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM