Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I found this an interesting read on Edmonton's LRT in the National Post.

Tristin Hopper: The $600 million Edmonton train that snarls traffic, slows down transit times and increases emissions

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-commen...-emissions

How did Edmonton seemingly get it so wrong? Between the slow speeds forced by the grade and poor signals this has to be awful for people using any form of transit in the city.

I picture our system running like the city's I've visited so I hope the ion lands on the Denver/San Diego side of effective LRT and not the Edmonton system. San Diego's LRT has a ton of street level crossing but the barriers are only down for a minute or two and then traffic gets back to normal.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Chris - 01-06-2016, 10:37 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM