Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(12-02-2015, 07:17 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Is this additional expense outside the cost of the LRT project?
if the City and Aecon met and set pricing in December 2014, was none of this written down and specified in a contract? If not this seems like a very silly way to get work done.

Whenever I hire a contractor I get multiple quotes, compare, select what I see as the best option. I pay for a portion of the agreed upon cost up front based on a contract, and then I pay the balance when the work is completed.

Yes, but ... in this case the exact work to be done up front was not well known (because no one knew what was actually in the ground), so at least part of it would need to be time and materials rather than a fixed-price contract.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by tomh009 - 12-02-2015, 08:51 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM