Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(11-27-2015, 07:24 AM)Canard Wrote: Agreed. All I'm saying with the chime thing (or any other seemingly trivial design details, like the choice of fabric colours/patterns inside, exterior branding, striping etc.) is that I don't want this to be left to someone who doesn't care and just does whatever they want to push it out the door.
There's a big difference between the chime choice and the other design items in your list. The chime is easy/inexpensive to change if that should ever become an issue. The latter items however would be much more difficult/expensive to change. Moreover, the default chime is universally recognized as a transit car warning. Why mess with it? That would be like someone who thinks the red octagonal shape of a STOP sign is boring and lobbies the region to change all of ours to something "better." (If you're going to choose a battle, at least choose one that's worth fighting for.)

Quote:People who "get" good design/UI (and I think there's a lot of those people here, based on the above comments!) understand that it's those little things that improve the overall ridership experience. And for people like me who obsess over details, it puts us at ease Smile  The trains are the face of the system - the things the passengers will interface the most with.
How would a different chime "improve the overall ridership experience"? (I can see how it might worsen the overall riding experience if riders didn't immediately recognize it for what it's intended to be and got injured by closing doors.)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ookpik - 11-27-2015, 10:22 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM