Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(11-14-2015, 06:58 PM)dunkalunk Wrote: Adding a stop at King/River also has its merits, however, if there is no stop planned at that intersection, I would see no reason to run along that section of King, even with concerns about encroaching on wetland in Hidden Valley.

I think long term we are likely to need a stop in King and River, so it is smart to route the LRT that way.

For Shantz hill, I'm sure something can be worked out re:the grade if there is really a need. I think the discussion should focus on which of the two routings makes more sense and let the engineers take care of the grade thing.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by BuildingScout - 11-14-2015, 07:25 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM