Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Went for a walk again. Will add photos when I get home.

Utilities on Hayward have been completely moved. Or at least the hydro poles have.

The embedded track on Borden is about half done. Looks like they may have added more rail, but I'm probably imagining it.

[Image: 9TO98sd.jpg]

Borden closed at Nyberg. Completely dug up. My guess is to finish the wet works at the bridge.

Borden from Nyberg to Charles was being tampered down, so they're probably done here! Probably will get curbs next week.

Crews are making their way from Stirling to Borden doing the final soil before curbs. Would say possibly curbs here next week too!

[Image: HslRd9W.jpg]

Charles from Stirling to Madison has some layer of what LOOKS like base asphalt down? I want to say it's temporary because it's in the middle of the road, but it's been tampered and smoothed suspiciously well for temporary asphalt. A worker was also putting stakes in the ground that seemed to mark out curb placement from Madison to Eby.

[Image: XxJqlUU.jpg]

A few more catpoles on Charles up to Benton

Track is almost completely laid out at Benton — NB and SB. It looks very very good, really cool to see it getting done. The NB track has 3 rails though, not sure why this would be.

[Image: NRUOdqR.jpg]
[Image: Uq8Xvxa.jpg]
[Image: c7rrQ0J.jpg]

Charles from Queen to Gaukel has curbs along the west side!

[Image: uHAwiMq.jpg]
[Image: VNiMAVK.jpg]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by GtwoK - 10-09-2015, 02:47 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM