Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(09-23-2015, 09:43 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Where are these updates about closures coming from? I read in the Record that Queen @ Charles will be closed at the same time as Benton @ Charles and now someone on this thread is saying Victoria between King and Duke is closing too, but I didn't see anything in the RideIon emails or on the website? If all that is true, that is going to be chaos getting across downtown - but all worth it in the end.

I've been paying attention to this list of road closures in the region (usually updated twice a day), and the rideion tumblr

(09-23-2015, 09:50 PM)Canard Wrote: Why would Queen at Charles close?

Queen and Ottawa right now are basically the only two ways to get from one side of Charles to the other.

I expect them to wait until possibly Water, Cedar, or Stirling reopen before closing Queen. But construction has been working it's way up from Ontario to Queen, so who knows, could be any day now.

At any rate, we're due for curbs within the next 2 weeks now, isn't it? Won't be long now before Charles is crossable again.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by GtwoK - 09-23-2015, 09:54 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM