Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(09-21-2015, 08:58 AM)timc Wrote:
(09-20-2015, 08:40 AM)Drake Wrote: I was in the R&T park the other day and I see the construction for the ION stop at this location. Is anyone aware of the thinking behind the location? It seems to be in the middle of no where. Is the plan to make this area a parking lot for commuters? There is nothing within easy walking distance and it doesn't appear to give good access to the R&T area.

I've believed for a long time that the right place for the stops is at Columbia Street, and at University Avenue. No stop at Seagram, none at the current placement near Phillip. It would make for better bus connections which is important for LRT. You still need to walk down University to get to WLU, but there are buses that go that way all the time anyway.

A stop behind McCormick would have been nice too.

Most people who looked at it objectively would likely agree with you that Columbia and University make sense. Markster offered a pretty good explanation as to why the less logical station placements were chosen.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by MidTowner - 09-21-2015, 09:01 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM