Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(09-20-2015, 11:34 AM)chutten Wrote: Looking at the route, where else _could_ you place a stop between UW and Northfield that would make sense? Columbia'd be too close to UW, and anything north of Bearinger is either empty or already becoming the rail yard. I suppose they might've been able to do something around the Albert McCormick Community Centre (which is currently serviced by the 200, but will be bypassed by ION)? But that'd be awful close to the R&T Park which definitely needs to be serviced to bolster ION's public face that it can be used as a commuting corridor.

I think that McCormick should and could have been the location of the station. The current station location doesn't seem terribly accessible to R&T Park anyway, and having a station at the Waterloop Trail and the recreation centre/library at Albert McCormick would have served a different demographic and potentially seen decent ridership. I would have said two stops- one at Columbia and one at McCormick- would have been better than the one at R&T Park. But if one station it is, there really is no very good place.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by MidTowner - 09-20-2015, 04:05 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM