Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(11-09-2023, 03:37 PM)neonjoe Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 03:34 PM)ac3r Wrote: Haha. That was fast.

It would be nice if they just made the system free between November to March given how frequently this happens. Or always free. I don't think I've ever used a transit system this utterly useless and unreliable anywhere in the world. All it takes is a millimeter of freezing rain to cause catastrophic failure or some clueless driver to crash into the train...or to somehow jump up 30cm onto a platform. Luckily grandma only took out a piece of equipment instead of a stroller or a group of high school kids. The amount of total or partial system failures and accidents we've had in such a short span of time is unacceptable. I'm really glad my employer pays for me to use this thing because it sure wouldn't be worth the cost of a monthly pass otherwise.

At least we don't have police pulling over our LRVs causing delays.... it could be worse
https://www.blogto.com/city/2023/11/cop-...streetcar/

You know, when I was a kid, I respected police. I've become much less naive since then. But it's only the past couple of years when I've started to see police as a harmful actor in society.

I have to wonder if this is a real shift in society, or me just opening my eyes. I think in the US it's becoming a real shift, not sure about Canada. I do wish the police would have a little bit more self awareness so to understand how toxic a loss of trust from the public would be to them.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 11-09-2023, 04:04 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM