Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(01-29-2023, 08:51 AM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(01-28-2023, 10:22 PM)allknowing2012 Wrote: I believe the Police said no to the idea and it was scrapped.

I’m not sure what I think of that. On the one hand, I’m opposed to further reducing the amount of identifying information on cars; on the other, I don’t really want democratic governments giving up on ideas because the police don’t like them. On the third hand, though, sometimes the police will have useful things to say about a policy based on their experience and not on their own self-interest and they should be heard, just as doctors should be heard when they express an opinion about the medical system.

Frankly, I'm not sure why police care. They don't really do any road enforcement anyway.

FWIW...I'm kind of indifferent. I think there are more important issues, and Quebec already has only rear plates. Last vehicle I drove was from Quebec actually.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 01-29-2023, 09:35 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM