Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(01-24-2023, 06:54 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Illegal left?  Running the light?  Over-arching stupidity?

I don’t think there is any legal movement that could result in that outcome. This is King at Agnes I believe.

https://goo.gl/maps/drgXK4sahBZQPZWKA

No turns are allowed off of King: both left turns and U-turns are explicitly forbidden by signs. Given the orientation after the crash, I don’t see how a northbound vehicle could have ended up like that. Maybe they were southbound turning left (or U-turning)? If they started on Agnes they would have to run a red to end up like that. And we all know the signal timings are fairly conservative, so they definitely didn’t run a yellow or even a “dark yellow”; if that’s what happened it had been red for a long time.

I wonder how much of a problem it would be to forbid all movements across the LRT track? That would mostly mean left turns off Agnes, but also straight through movements involving the alleyway and left turns off the alleyway. With all movements forbidden, the curbs could be re-built as barrier curbs except for small gaps at the pedestrian crossings, which might help educate the neutronium brains of the problem drivers.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 01-24-2023, 07:31 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM