Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
So I got email from Neil Malcolm, Peter Zinck's replacement, saying the following:

Quote:Hi Cory – we always reduce GRT services (bus and ION since it’s inception in 2019 as part of the original approved ION service plans) in the summer months due to lower demand (school is out, more people are on vacation, etc.).  This practice overall has long been in place and this is a standard practice across the transit industry.

More frequent services will resume in September and Regional Council has approved the restoration of additional services (reduced during Covid) that will added back into place in stages in fall and winter to manage increasing ridership and improve service frequency.

I hope this helps,

Neil

Of course that's BS. In 2019 they kept 10 minute headways all summer, and 2020 and 2021 were covid-19 anomalies where service was reduce outside of summer time.

I pointed out that lack of summer service reduction in 2019 but I have yet to get a response to that.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Bytor - 07-09-2022, 06:05 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM