Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I'm just an interested observer and looking forward to the change that this will all bring, but I'm sitting and watching them dig up the exact same stretch on Caroline at Allen for the third time in 10 months. I'm sure there's a reason, as I know next to nothing about this type of infrastructure construction. But surely, this is a redundancy of some sort? I haven't seen them pull out any other debris from the ground, except copious amounts of dirt. They've dug a 10 feet wide trench, laid down a black, flexible tubing of some sort and then covered most of it back up. I would've thought that whatever underground upgrading that was to have been done, would've been completed ages ago.

Secondly, with construction now at the intersection of Allen and King, the road closure sign is in front of the Adult Rec Centre, and not back up at William. There's been a parade of cars, dodging through the Brick Brewery parking lot, then into the back of the Adult Rec Centre and out at the corner of Caroline and Allen. Confusing to say the least.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by schooner77 - 07-28-2015, 02:20 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM