Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(03-11-2022, 02:08 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: For me the Victoria / Highland should be the next stage 3...  This route would service the transit hub as well.  If it ended at the Boardwalk, then the next natural progression would be that Waterloo route.

This is what I'd like to see as well. It could even extend out to Breslau one day. And if I had a blank chequebook, I'd have a terminus built at the airport. I mean what good is an international airport without transit connections?

I've suggested that to a friend in my line of work and got called crazy haha. But then one week we were both in Germany. We took a trip to Nürnberg for something. They're a city with roughly the same makeup as us. It has a similar population, has two neighbouring cities connected to it (Fürth and Erlangen) and yet they have 3 subway lines, streetcars, a few S-Bahn lines and plenty of buses. A few years back they extended one of the subway lines to their international airport and it has been an incredibly useful tool to help grow the city and get people around.

With airlines interested in our airport for a multitude of reasons, we ought to invest in a good transit connection to it. I know there's a suggestion for Metrolink to have a little extension to it from the future Breslau station, but with the pace they operate at I think we'd be waiting for decades. We need something to go to our airport...even if it's just an express bus.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ac3r - 03-12-2022, 06:44 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM