Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(03-10-2022, 09:55 PM)nms Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 05:59 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: Do you mean Map 5 on Page 23?

I guess is depends on how your PDF reader works.  It's page 23 in the document, but page 25 when the cover pages are included.

OK, that’s probably what’s confusing me.

What I want to know is what happens south of approximately Central where the road now only has one vehicular lane in each direction, plus separated bicycle lanes and sidewalks. There is some parking, but not continuous on both sides so even if one eliminated it (not very many spots, will cause complaints but not likely a big difference), I’m not sure where space for the LRT would come from.

Of course I think we should be looking at having King be a single vehicular lane southbound (and Regina similarly northbound), but I’m curious what the planners have in mind.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 03-10-2022, 10:51 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM