Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(06-14-2019, 06:48 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote: [Image: HHPkYCw.jpg]

[Image: KRvOmiC.jpg]

thanks for confirming my suspicions of tri-city drivers being idiots.

True story: Got off the expressway (towards Stratford) to go right onto Fischer-Hallman. Some idiot in front of me decides now was a good time to slow and yield at the red light and proceeds her right turn (typical) despite there being a plethora of signs. OK. I get the green light, and I am behind her again, she goes right onto Ottawa and STOPS. There is no light. No stop sign. No yield sign. Nothing. I start honking after about 10 seconds and she's still not moving. I continue to honk until Ottawa Street light turns right, then she moves she gets to the next set of light, which is all red except for the green arrow, and she stops, again....and honk, again...then she proceeds turn her right when all the lights were green, then she stops again at the three way stop (her right of way) as she attempts to make a left, but stopping there confused the other drivers, so I honk again, as does the person behind me, as does the car to my right. She gets out of her car at Shoppers Drug Mart, and as do I, and starts yelling "Why you honk me, why you honk me?" and I am like "Because you treat red lights like a yield, right away light a stop sign, a green arrow light like a red light, and a 3-way stop sign like a 4-way stop sign..." and she was like "you no how drive..you no how drive, you dumb driver, go back to India you Paki" and goes off cursing. (I do have Native Canadian blood in me, and the sun makes me much darker, but I am not from India..go figure, stupid driver and racist and clearly geographically impaired)

Thing is, I see this daily (the driving, that is). Most people respond to a quick honk, this woman was ignorant as hell.

The kid in the back of that bus is loving life right there.
Any idea what specific work they're doing outside Grand River Hospital tonight?

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/grand-river...-1.4468912
In the GRT thread, the term 'CCTV scans' was found. Not sure what that means.
Ion LRT will reshape development in Waterloo Region for decades to come
(06-17-2019, 10:11 AM)Acitta Wrote: Ion LRT will reshape development in Waterloo Region for decades to come

Thanks Gary!  I had to read it as the dim backdrop of the paywall pop-up in a desktop browser, but it was worth it.  (I know, I should just subscribe to The Record already...)
(06-17-2019, 10:43 AM)KevinT Wrote:
(06-17-2019, 10:11 AM)Acitta Wrote: Ion LRT will reshape development in Waterloo Region for decades to come

Thanks Gary!  I had to read it as the dim backdrop of the paywall pop-up in a desktop browser, but it was worth it.  (I know, I should just subscribe to The Record already...)

You can also just stop the page from loading as soon as the text/content appears and the paywall will not appear.

The driver of the Buick SUV that was involved in the LRV collision at Central Fresh Market last week has been charged with careless driving:

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/kitchener-w...-1.4470056

The thing I find morbidly funny about this, is this woman did the exact same thing hundreds, probably thousands, of drivers do every single day all along the LRT route--make illegal turns, probably without looking--the other drivers doing this do not get charged because they did not hit a train when they performed their illegal and dangerous act.
(06-17-2019, 01:11 PM)urbd Wrote:
(06-17-2019, 10:43 AM)KevinT Wrote: Thanks Gary!  I had to read it as the dim backdrop of the paywall pop-up in a desktop browser, but it was worth it.  (I know, I should just subscribe to The Record already...)

You can also just stop the page from loading as soon as the text/content appears and the paywall will not appear.
Or just use a text mode browser like Lynx or Links.
Looks like the timings of the gates at Columbia St have been tweaked. Used to go down when a northbound LRV was still UW Station, now they start after the LRV has left the station. I’d estimate this saves cars on Columbia about 10 seconds at least.
(06-17-2019, 01:31 PM)Acitta Wrote:
(06-17-2019, 01:11 PM)urbd Wrote: You can also just stop the page from loading as soon as the text/content appears and the paywall will not appear.
Or just use a text mode browser like Lynx or Links.

I just used the reader mode in Firefox mobile.
(06-17-2019, 02:22 PM)bgb_ca Wrote:
(06-17-2019, 01:31 PM)Acitta Wrote: Or just use a text mode browser like Lynx or Links.

I just used the reader mode in Firefox mobile.

Safari desktop's reader mode also works for this.
Fourth LRV Collision:

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/another-cra...-1.4470241

(06-17-2019, 03:49 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: Fourth LRV Collision:

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/another-cra...-1.4470241

Good grief. I wonder what the cause was this time.
I don't understand how so many people choose to disregard no turn signs. At this point I don't think it's people not seeing them, I think they see them but are so entitled they figure they can just ignore them.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »