Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(11-11-2018, 08:15 AM)danbrotherston Wrote: Would it be too meta to make that cartoon the fourth panel?

The best jokes are the ones that surprise.  This one did not.

Well, I certainly don't think that your request in unreasonable.

'The Woolwich Observers has cartoons that are meaningless to its 300 readers." "Whaaaaaaaaaat?"

Spotted this morning alongside Courtland, by a friend of mine:

[Image: XM4lpUG.jpg]

She swung by again later and it was being removed. Undercarriage was 'trashed'.
Seems like something a drunk person would do.
Even with my low expectations of K-W drivers, that one is hard to understand.
Tom Galloway is taking his first ride, and live-tweeting the trip!

Follow along:

https://twitter.com/tomjgalloway14
A few tweets from Tom hinting at future developments along the line:

https://twitter.com/tomjgalloway14/statu...5505490944

https://twitter.com/tomjgalloway14/statu...7813859328
(11-13-2018, 02:44 PM)Lens Wrote: A few tweets from Tom hinting at future developments along the line:

https://twitter.com/tomjgalloway14/statu...5505490944

https://twitter.com/tomjgalloway14/statu...7813859328

The old lumber yard adjacent to the Mill Station would be a prime site for redevelopment, istm, as would the Ernst Landscaping property down Mill St.

I assume Galloway's reference at Borden Stn would be to the Ottawa/King/Borden/Charles block.

Wow, lucky Tom! Must have been quite exciting to go for a ride along the entire length of the system.

I'm a little concerned by the time it took, though. Based on the timing of the twitter posts, it appears the round trip took 2.5 hours...

A Record story said that Vive was assembling the Ottawa-Charles-Borden-King block, so the Perimeter block is likely from Borden to Sterling/Kent, Charles, and likely the King side, but possibly the towards-Courtland side.
(11-13-2018, 04:36 PM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: A Record story said that Vive was assembling the Ottawa-Charles-Borden-King block, so the Perimeter block is likely from Borden to Sterling/Kent, Charles, and likely the King side, but possibly the towards-Courtland side.

The more the merrier in that part of town.
(11-13-2018, 04:24 PM)UrbanCanoe Wrote: Wow, lucky Tom! Must have been quite exciting to go for a ride along the entire length of the system.

I'm a little concerned by the time it took, though. Based on the timing of the twitter posts, it appears the round trip took 2.5 hours...

I wouldn't be too concerned about it when they were using a vehicle without all the FIE. Next time someone takes a round trip in a train that has the FIE the round trip will be much shorter. The train Tom was in still had to stop for inductive loops to activate signals.
East end properties are probably still fairly cheap compared to DTK prices
(11-13-2018, 05:56 PM)trainspotter139 Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 04:24 PM)UrbanCanoe Wrote: Wow, lucky Tom! Must have been quite exciting to go for a ride along the entire length of the system.

I wouldn't be too concerned about it when they were using a vehicle without all the FIE. Next time someone takes a round trip in a train that has the FIE the round trip will be much shorter. The train Tom was in still had to stop for inductive loops to activate signals.

Plus it seemed like he was getting out from time to time.  Who knows how long they were stopped for.

Chris Klein and Markster did an analysis and posted it on the Facebook group claiming the end-to-end time was actually very close to the initial estimates.

As they couldn’t run at full 70 km/h along the 3 Spur sections, this only means the travel time should get even better.

Close to an hour to go 19 km/h is not good.
(11-13-2018, 10:11 PM)Canard Wrote: Chris Klein and Markster did an analysis and posted it on the Facebook group claiming the end-to-end time was actually very close to the initial estimates.

As they couldn’t run at full 70 km/h along the 3 Spur sections, this only means the travel time should get even better.

Close to an hour to go 19 km is not good.

FTFY
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »