Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
On Thursday I stopped by the OMSF on a bike ride and noticed one of the LRV's was parked outside.

I suppose now that there are 8 here, they'll start leaving a couple outside so they have more room inside.

Last Saturday, there were 3 outside. My wife asked me if it made my day.

Spoiler alert: It did.
Big Grin

It's great we're at this point, where if we have a craving for some FLEXITY, all we have to do is show up. They've been squirreled away and so elusive for so long, but now the nest is getting pretty full.
Personally, I like the Bombardier chime.

I'd toss chunk if we had the chicken dance, just my opinion. Maybe at Oktoberfest.
(08-04-2018, 09:08 AM)jeffster Wrote: Personally, I like the Bombardier chime.

I'd toss chunk if we had the chicken dance, just my opinion. Maybe at Oktoberfest.

You need to work on your appreciation of the delightfully tacky! 

Of course, I also think that Central station should be "King Victoria Station", so I guess I just march to a different drummer.  Smile
(08-04-2018, 09:32 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Of course, I also think that Central station should be "King Victoria Station", so I guess I just march to a different drummer.  Smile

Berlin HBF
Now public: Ken Hall’s “Network” for Research & Technology has been cancelled. Sad

https://twitter.com/rideionrt/status/102...97632?s=21

I did get confirmation on Twitter that they will be selecting a new alternative piece.
Yes, but... it’s a little late in the game for that. Look at how long it’s taken from artwork selection until now, and none of them are even starting installation. It will be years.

According to radio chatter, 509 is out in Kitchener and 505 is in the yard doing braking tests.
That is disappointing; this project could have made up for the pin art project. I don't know anything about the art community, but it would seem strange to turn down a commissioned work; they probably don't come by often enough in this country.

Based on his Twitter feed it seems as though he might be busy on a video game/digital media project

Apologies if it has been posted already, I am still catching up on some threads, but there seem to be some new signs posted around the Uptown stations at least:

Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Hopefully our King St grade separation will never be host to scenes like these:

4478:
4471:
Not really a big deal, lots of videos on YouTube of LRV’s just plowing through water that goes up past the top of the seats. Just a first for Toronto so everyone’s freaking out.

More info on why Ken Hall pulled out of Network:

https://twitter.com/kenhallart/status/10...31142?s=21

Very disappointed to learn it’s essentially because the design of the station “kept changing”.

(08-08-2018, 11:05 AM)Canard Wrote: More info on why Ken Hall pulled out of Network:

https://twitter.com/kenhallart/status/10...31142?s=21

Very disappointed to learn it’s essentially because the design of the station “kept changing”.

It seems that he deleted the tweet.

I don't understand how the design could be changing at this point in time.
Perhaps not the station itself, but the approach area from Wes Graham where it would be installed may have been undergoing revisions. I also heard at one point they wanted to have a satellite installation at the other entrance as well, to tie it together.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »