Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
lol

Was anyone expecting any different?

(04-25-2018, 12:27 AM)D40LF Wrote: lol

Was anyone expecting any different?

This one already departed Kingston and was last seen in Belleville last week. It could have been delayed from the Teamsters and IBEW contract negotiations with railway companies ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Confirmation CN screwed up. It’s coming Thursday now.
(04-25-2018, 05:51 AM)Canard Wrote: Confirmation CN screwed up. It’s coming Thursday now.

Any idea where it went? If it got misdirected as opposed to just left in a yard for a few extra days it could be the best-travelled LRV yet!
Does it get bonus km for it's burn in time if it traveled to Windsor and back?
(04-25-2018, 05:51 AM)Canard Wrote: Confirmation CN screwed up. It’s coming Thursday now.

So how is Bombardier going to get blamed for the CN screwup? Smile
People will find a way, trust me.

If they could blame the weather on Bombardier, they would.

Just got word 506 is still stuck in Mac yard.
Boourns
(04-26-2018, 03:38 PM)Canard Wrote: Just got word 506 is still stuck in Mac yard.

Yeah, I was on the River Rd footbridge around 2:20 today and there was a long string of cars on the north track that had a newly arrived look to them (I don't think they regularly leave unattached cars on this track) but with no sign of an Ion anywhere in the string...  :-(
(04-25-2018, 11:12 AM)Canard Wrote: People will find a way, trust me.

If they could blame the weather on Bombardier, they would.

Personally I would put more blame on the politicians on trying to put out there good optics, big promises, then blame shift when things don't work out.

Bombardier, though, should have been more honest with their timeline, even though it would have been hugely unpopular with the politicians and especially the public.
What if you told your contractor 3/4 of the way through re-doing your kitchen that they also had to install a new built-in dishwasher that wasn't part of the original scope?

Is it the contractor's fault they're behind? Nope.
(04-26-2018, 08:47 PM)Canard Wrote: What if you told your contractor 3/4 of the way through re-doing your kitchen that they also had to install a new built-in dishwasher that wasn't part of the original scope?

Is it the contractor's fault they're behind?  Nope.

The problem here was that there was no kitchen to put the dishwasher in  Big Grin

(04-26-2018, 03:38 PM)Canard Wrote: Just got word 506 is still stuck in Mac yard.

That's 10 days after CN (finally) picked it up. I guess they don't have any delivery time standards for LRTs!
They’re not delivering an LRT (that was GrandLinq) - they’re delivering an LRV. Big Grin

Sevenman - you can’t finish building the kitchen if the homeowner keeps changing their mind on what brand or size of dishwasher they want. (Especially when the first one they picked didn’t even exist.)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »