Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
What this essentially means is that CN is re-assuming the freight operations that they had leased to GEXR when they initially sold off the Waterloo Spur yet retained the operating contract (if I recall correctly). I wonder what if negotiating with CN will be different than negotiating with GEXR for special movements etc.

Still no sign of 506 at lancaster?
I’ll look.
Not that I can see.
(04-23-2018, 03:55 PM)bgb_ca Wrote: Still no sign of 506 at lancaster?

I swung by Johnston St on my way home last night to see what I could see from behind (it's payed off in the past), but without a giant snowbank to climb the view from there reveals practically nothing.  Sure wish I had my friend's drone, but there's probably rules about flying them over freight yards.  I took Northfield and Parkside into work this morning in the hopes of spotting a pending offload had it come up the spur last night, but there was no sign of that either.   :-(
I really wonder what has happened. How common is it for freight cars to go missing, or have a mistake made during shunting that puts them somewhere they shouldn't go, and then they have to recover them?

Is it also possible it just got "burried" in a train consist somehow that it was just too difficult to get it "out of", so it just took a much longer trip than normal?
They screwed up the paperwork and are sending it to Edmonton instead.

Maybe the Region is playing 'no we don't want it yet' games again and they've buried it in the large yard in Toronto to prevent vandalism. If so, I wonder who pays for the privilege of parking it there?
Or, could it have gone up the spur to Waterloo and gotten offloaded without any of us spotting it?
(04-24-2018, 01:23 PM)jamincan Wrote: They screwed up the paperwork and are sending it to Edmonton instead.

Well, this explains the confused looks on the faces of people in Toronto on Spadina Ave yesterday when a blue LRT was cruising down the street, rather than the red TTC LRT's.
(04-24-2018, 04:39 PM)KevinT Wrote: Or, could it have gone up the spur to Waterloo and gotten offloaded without any of us spotting it?

I’m fairly sure that hasn’t happened. I’ve seen the train most recent nights and there hasn’t been an LRV on it. I was watching for it last week, and there was no LRV yesterday. I can’t say absolutely for sure that I saw the train every night last week but I’m fairly sure the delivery hasn’t happened. This is when I wish somebody had snuck a tracking device onto the flatcar! Big Grin
Still nothing at Lancaster...

I concur, if it had gone up, at least one person on social media somewhere would have seen or know about it...
(04-24-2018, 07:28 PM)Canard Wrote: Still nothing at Lancaster...

I concur, if it had gone up, at least one person on social media somewhere would have seen or know about it...

Definitely didn’t go up tonight. It’s probably lost in MacMillan Yard. Smile

I heard that Bombardier just called the Region to say that the dog had eaten their train ...
Has anyone on UrbanToronto seen it? Very strange. So much for "3 delivered in April."
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »