Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
https://twitter.com/Scottman76/status/97...9373562882

(03-23-2018, 05:58 PM)Canard Wrote: https://twitter.com/Scottman76/status/97...9373562882

Another delivery!  Glad the Region has finally released the hold, and will allow Bombardier to shine.

So we should be expecting the rest of the trains to arrive in fairly quick succession, right?
As fast as the flatcar can get back to Kingston and pick another one up.

Attached Files Image(s)

Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
(03-24-2018, 09:13 AM)Pheidippides Wrote:
(03-23-2018, 06:41 PM)I trainspotter139 Wrote: Expect an unloading Tuesday I believe

March 27 seems ambitious, unless you mean Tuesday April 3.

A look at the tents at Caroline and Allen from yesterday:

It only takes 3 days for it to get from Kingston to here unlike when they come from Thunder Bay with takes 10 days.
(03-23-2018, 10:18 PM)Canard Wrote: As fast as the flatcar can get back to Kingston and pick another one up.

Has 501 already been reworked, too?

No, it’s going to be quite a while before we see it back.
(03-24-2018, 05:57 PM)Canard Wrote: No, it’s going to be quite a while before we see it back.

I presume we will need it before the service can actually start running, right?
Regional Officials have said time and time again they don't want to open the line without a full compliment of trains.
(03-24-2018, 04:32 PM)trainspotter139 Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 09:13 AM)Pheidippides Wrote: March 27 seems ambitious, unless you mean Tuesday April 3.

It only takes 3 days for it to get from Kingston to here unlike when they come from Thunder Bay with takes 10 days.

Well hopefully you are correct, but the last few have taken longer:
504 was loaded on 30-Nov-2017 and unloaded 08-Dec-2017; so 9 days.
502 was loaded on 25-Sep-2017 and unloaded 03-Oct-2017; so 9 days.

503 took a little longer, but that was probably more due to the holidays (~21-Dec-2017 to 03-Jan-2018), but still took about 6 days to reach the region (~27-Dec-2017).
(03-24-2018, 05:57 PM)Canard Wrote: No, it’s going to be quite a while before we see it back.

Wouldn't it be easier just to take the next 5-segmented Flexity off the end of the assembly line and make it our new '501' and let Bombardier figure out all the problems with the original '501' on their own time?

Surely switching Crosstown grey body panels for our blue panels is easier that disassembling, de-bugging, and re-assembling the internal workings of all that is wrong with the original '501'.
(03-24-2018, 09:13 AM)Pheidippides Wrote:
(03-23-2018, 06:41 PM)I trainspotter139 Wrote: Expect an unloading Tuesday I believe

March 27 seems ambitious, unless you mean Tuesday April 3.

I was by there yesterday and have a question; do the heaters/generators for the tents have any emission controls? Or are they unregulated? Watching these things belch out smoke all weekend long was unappealing to say the least.

They were belching out smoke for years during construction, this few weeks/months is no different.

P - I’m not sure what you mean. If you’re implying that we should take either of the ML pilots... no, we don’t want them, either.

I suspect 501 will be the last LRV we get back.
Noticed in uptown the station there now has the bases for the farecard and ticket vending machines

Attached Files Image(s)

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »