Hey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(03-12-2018, 05:49 PM)bgb_ca Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 10:30 PM)Canard Wrote: Exciting news in the next week or two!

Are they finally going to listen to Jay Aissa and scrap the entire project? Big Grin

Ha, ha. Tell that to the citizens of Jaen in Spain, where they actually built a tram and never put it into revenue service.
[twitter]https://twitter.com/canardiain/status/97...21344?s=21[/twitter]
For daily ion construction updates, photos and general urban rail news, follow me on twitter! @Canardiain
Crossover testing today. They paint all the interface points with white paint, run the LRV over it, then take photos and measurements of the wear marks. Rinse and repeat Smile

So if you’re wondering why all the crossovers have white paint all over them, now you know!
For daily ion construction updates, photos and general urban rail news, follow me on twitter! @Canardiain
I saw job postings for the regional call centre come over RSS today for 4 temporary positions; the posting closes March 19 (I can't seem to see it now though). The region had said that the call centre would up staff about 3 months before the launch of Ion.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Canada Day Weekend?!
(03-13-2018, 05:03 PM)Canard Wrote: Canada Day Weekend?!

More like June 20.
(03-13-2018, 06:04 PM)trainspotter139 Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 05:03 PM)Canard Wrote: Canada Day Weekend?!

More like June 20.

Also known as "late spring".

Found the link:
https://ats.region.waterloo.on.ca/region...=2018-1246

This of course assumes that these positions are related to Ion and not just regular filling of vacancies for staff turn-over or season call volume.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Finally caught a few shots!!

[Image: 26921200688_2bfd903a37_b.jpg]ION Testing 2 by Matt, on Flickr

[Image: 40081352334_8ae772f75e_b.jpg]ION Testing 7 by Matt, on Flickr
Awesome, Matt! Glad you got to see it. Smile

Here's some raw footage (unedited) from my GoPro while cycling alongside, today. Listen for that horn! Didn't know it had that loud of a voice! Wink

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/u3RjxhAnz6k[/video]
1/1 - Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Heading North toward the crossover at Green.

Crews painted the interface surfaces of the rails with white paint, before running the LRV over them.

They then took lots of detailed measurements and photos of each wear mark.

Heading North through the crossover.
More video:

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/wQ-_ArCuPrI[/video]

I had someone comment on one of my videos about how "loud" the trains are. They're really not.
From the Facebook group.
[Image: FVy8TWe.png]
Probably not the kind of information you want to share publicly. Not very nice for the person who offered it up.
Unless he was specifically told it in confidence, I don't see a problem with it. If you tell me something and don't tell me to keep it to myself, I can't reasonably be expected to know it's a secret.
Unless you're under NDA, there are no legal ramifications for sharing that sort of thing. Not your problem if someone who is under NDA shares and doesn't preface by saying "you didn't hear this, but..."