Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I think they've done a fantastic, outstanding job of communicating closures. Just because they missed one or two trivial sections of road being closed doesn't in my mind equate to them doing a poor job. I'm blown away at how transparent and on-point they've been, to be honest.

Quote:the linked http://rideion.tumblr.com site (why does that even exist?)

So you can add them to your Tumblr dash, naturally. (It's all about the millenials, y'know.)
Overall it has been quite good. Perhaps there is a lull in new closures at the moment which is leading to the lack of any new updates for the past week or so. Usually it's Thursday or Friday when the site gets updated, so there may be new updates coming.

I'm also guessing there should be a 6 month progress report to Regional Council in the near future, which should give a nice overview of what's happened since the spring and what's coming up and when.
Is that something that the public can attend, or a document published online? I'd like to read/hear it.
It was at a general council meeting sometime in the spring, can't remember the date.

Check the agendas (posted the Friday before the meeting) to see if it's coming (http://www.regionofwaterloo.ca/en/region...mid_=17572).
But the 6 month report from February was only recently posted online, wasn't it? If there is another report coming soon, we could still be months off from actually seeing it
http://www.kitchenerpost.ca/uncategorize...roduction/

There are curbs now installed between just north of Green to just south of Union on the west side of King.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
From the look of Park St at the tracks yesterday (September 9) it shouldn't be much longer now.
[Image: 2e6fx8x.jpg]
Crews were busy this afternoon in Waterloo Park at the culvert, building the forms that hold the concrete sidewalls that will retain the ballast for the final trackage.
(09-10-2015, 08:12 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: There are curbs now installed between just north of Green to just south of Union on the west side of King.

And according to the construction update posted yesterday, this stretch will be paved on Monday! Were the curbs just for the one side of the east-bound ROW, or for both sides, out of curiosity (assuming the "middle" side will have curbs, though I'm probably wrong)?
Amazing view of the work in the Charles/Benton area from the top of the parking garage!

[Image: vQvFi1D.jpg]
Oh that's brilliant to go up there!

Also, told ya that this intersection was going to involve an insane amount of work Smile the whole intersection is reprofiled.

(09-11-2015, 05:29 PM)GtwoK Wrote:
(09-10-2015, 08:12 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: There are curbs now installed between just north of Green to just south of Union on the west side of King.

And according to the construction update posted yesterday, this stretch will be paved on Monday! Were the curbs just for the one side of the east-bound ROW, or for both sides, out of curiosity (assuming the "middle" side will have curbs, though I'm probably wrong)?

The curbs I saw were for the edge of the right of way and the regular road curb, both on the west side of King, but I would have call it south-bound.
It's interesting to see how the various teams interface; ie, the roadworks people stop somewhere and that's where the track hardware people will pick up along that edge. I wonder if they ever have issues with alignment and so on.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »