Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(10-23-2019, 01:23 AM)jeffster Wrote: A better solution is for the police to start enforcing traffic laws.

An even better solution is for those responsible for our transportation infrastructure to stop pretending that our current practices aren't the root cause of the problem. We shouldn't need police to enforce behaviours that are enabled by how we build the system in the first place.

What's up with the construction cones at Northfield Station?
The ones along the northbound curve? Those have been there for months to keep people from straying onto the tracks.

There also were orange barriers on the platform itself, but those came down today!
Is this going to happen every year or is there something special about this year?

(11-04-2019, 04:52 PM)clasher Wrote: Is this going to happen every year or is there something special about this year?

My guess is every Nov 11 as the Kitchener centopath is next to Frederick station.
The cenotaph is scheduled to be disassembled for restoration soon, so the next couple years may not actually require this.
They should absolutely not shut down public transit for remembrance day. This is ridiculous. (Yes, I know they are making alternative arrangements but that's not good enough).
(11-04-2019, 08:07 PM)JoeKW Wrote: They should absolutely not shut down public transit for remembrance day. This is ridiculous. (Yes, I know they are making alternative arrangements but that's not good enough).

because of the way the cenotaph is set up right now they have to put portable stands out on the road for the crowds. Having portable stands on the road is incompatible with the overhead wiring.
(11-04-2019, 08:07 PM)JoeKW Wrote: They should absolutely not shut down public transit for remembrance day. This is ridiculous. (Yes, I know they are making alternative arrangements but that's not good enough).
Wow   that's all I am going to say
(11-04-2019, 06:39 PM)KevinL Wrote: The cenotaph is scheduled to be disassembled for restoration soon, so the next couple years may not actually require this.

I have not heard this before.  Is there a source with more info?

Edit:  Part of the plaza renovation, I assume?

(11-04-2019, 04:52 PM)clasher Wrote: Is this going to happen every year or is there something special about this year?

They have to close it because otherwise people would unsafely exit Frederick station from the north end to access the ceremony. Tongue
Anyone else notice the amount of smashed screen on the ticket kiosks, almost like someone is intentionally damaging them. On Sunday alone I noticed that at least Fredrick, City Hall, and GRH (both, SB screen dead) were damaged and a two more looked cracked but i didn't get a good look at them. Also, Farmers market and Borden had cracked screens a few weeks ago.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »