Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
21 Weber St W + 149-151 Ontario St N | 20 fl | Proposed
(09-23-2019, 04:56 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 04:08 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Covered parking is also more desireable than open air parking.

Is it? I feel like every time this comes up online about why people don't go downtown, people talk about how they feel parking garages are unsafe at night, difficult to navigate, etc. I personally find covered parking more desirable, but I get the definite sense than at least half of people feel the opposite.

One issue with the D&O garage is Hours of Operation. I believe it closes at 11 or 12 at night, so you're left with taking the stairs and quite often, dealing with the rift raft that inject and vomit and sh*t everywhere. The Cop Shop (KPL) garbage is locked up at night entirely, with buzzed in entry (to city hall) or fob and generally issue free (with the exception of the odd cop taking a dump after work). Don't ask how I know this stuff. Hotel Benton is 24-hours, but you're dealing with rift raft again, but generally is OK between floors 1 & 3 and Benton entrance (as opposed to the one in the alley).

If I had to choose, though, I'd choose City Hall, it's quiet at night, controlled entry after hours (Fob or if walking in, front door of city hall), and totally issue free. I'd do the extra 3 minute walk.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 21 Weber St W + 149-151 Ontario St N | 20 fl | Proposed - by jeffster - 09-23-2019, 07:19 PM