Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
21 Weber St W + 149-151 Ontario St N | 20 fl | Proposed
(05-02-2019, 04:38 PM)Tony_Plow Wrote: I'm normally all for keeping heritage buildings.  Obviously, K-W has had a very poor track record in this regard.  

However, in the present case, I don't think the building in question is particularly noteworthy (no scale; no street presence; not particularly unique; plus it's already surrounded by office towers.)

The developer should have been allowed to tear it down IMO.  

I still shake my head that the City of Kitchener allowed the Lang buildings on Joseph St. to be torn down (save for Deloitte's building).

The Record piece describes it as a "unique example of a working class home".  I can't think of another example in Kitchener of a double bay duplex from the 1870s.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 21 Weber St E + 149-151 Ontario St N [20 storeys] - by panamaniac - 05-02-2019, 07:09 PM