Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent threads
Is there a way to see a list of recently updated threads? I use the "What's New" feature a lot, but once you've viewed a thread once, it's gone from the list and the only way to find it is to go digging through subforums.

As an example, regarding the recent Starbucks story, something came to mind and I wanted to comment on it, but without the thread in my What's New list, I haven't the faintest idea of where it was posted. Was it in Food & Dining? Was it in a DTK-specific thread, or General Urban issues thread or some specific building thread? I've had this problem in the past as well. With enough time, I'll probably find it, but I'll probably just wait until someone else posts and hopefully I'll remember my idea at that time.

I wonder if MyBB has a feature that allows a summary of all threads in the forum (as if there were no subforums at all). Barring that, I wonder if we wouldn't be better served by having fewer subforums as some of the divisions don't really seem to serve a useful purpose.

There used to be a link on the front page for all threads updated in the last day, it was beside the unread posts link on the right side. That went away when the (blurry, low resolution) welcome back banner was added.
You can probably do it with an advanced search still though.
Ya that's a feature that myBB has. I can look for some options for places to bring it back. It shows the 10 (?) most recent posts.
I think the "Quick links" at the bottom would be a good spot. It's not going to be the most popular option but having it in the quick links list will make it available when needed.
I don't want to put more work on you, Spokes. I just thought there might already be a feature somewhere that I was just overlooking and someone might be able to point it out.
I don't think it'll be that much more work. And if it is, forget it, I'm not doing it!!!! Haha just kidding.

Quick Links could be a good spot if we can make it fit in the footer. I'll play around with it. I've actually been thinking the footer is some underused space that could function better
Except I'd have to find a way to make it expanded in mobile

Mobile version has some limitations as compared to the full site -- but I do think that's an acceptable compromise.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »