Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Scott (59-65 Weber E) | 11 fl | Complete
They have number of availability units below.

https://www.thescott63.com/floorplans.aspx

Looks awesome but I was low-key hoping for multi use first floor. Regardless great to see another project finishing.

(01-11-2021, 07:29 PM)catarctica Wrote: Looks awesome but I was low-key hoping for multi use first floor. Regardless great to see another project finishing.

Their original plan was for retail on the ground floor. I suspect they could not generate much interest so they backed out of that.
It's too bad, some more retail would be interesting to see on this side of downtown. I am guessing that due to the pandemic, it was just considered infeasible to do at this point.
(01-13-2021, 04:18 PM)ac3r Wrote: It's too bad, some more retail would be interesting to see on this side of downtown. I am guessing that due to the pandemic, it was just considered infeasible to do at this point.
It could have been pandemic-influence, but perhaps it just didn't make financial sense (i.e. the developer feared the space would sit empty at the expected rent).
This is looking pretty complete, but the lack of lights on at 6pm makes me think move-ins haven't started yet, or are just getting started.

I saw into an apartment this past week while driving up Weber Street, I saw a TV on...
$1750 for 450 square feet!! Oof

Wow, that's steep.
It appears that half a dozen or so tenants have now moved in, based on the intercom directory. Smile
(02-26-2021, 10:03 AM)Joedelay Highhoe Wrote: $1750 for 450 square feet!! Oof

pretty crazy to think Kitchener is about 11% away from today’s downtown Toronto prices. I know someone that just moved into a waterfront City Place 1 bdrm, 500sqft condo for $1975 with a view of the CN Tower (he also scored it month to month which shows they are entering desperate times).

wonder If this building will lease out with these prices.
(03-15-2021, 01:40 AM)Momo26 Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 10:03 AM)Joedelay Highhoe Wrote: $1750 for 450 square feet!! Oof

pretty crazy to think Kitchener is about 11% away from today’s downtown Toronto prices. I know someone that just moved into a waterfront City Place 1 bdrm, 500sqft condo for $1975 with a view of the CN Tower (he also scored it month to month which shows they are entering desperate times).

The rental price of a single condo unit may not be the best comparison as an individual condo owner may have dropped the price significantly to get it rented. A comparison to new(ish) rental buildings in Toronto would be interesting though.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »