Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Condo living in Waterloo Region
(01-18-2019, 03:52 PM)Momo26 Wrote: I'd be curious to know the monthly condo fees are in Waterpark place...

There's an ad on-line for a 2bd 2bth, 1400sqft unit on the fourth floor that had a condo fee of $640, so not bad for a building that age, istm.

(01-18-2019, 04:01 PM)BrianT Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 03:52 PM)Momo26 Wrote: I'd be curious to know the monthly condo fees are in Waterpark place...

$650+ for a 2BR 2BA unit.

The key number is $0.55 -- the cost per sqft per month. That's not too bad given that the building has an indoor pool (not cheap to run) although I don't think they have a concierge/24h security. Not sure whether their electric heating is included or not.

Without a pool or concierge, a well-run recent building in this region will likely have condo fees in in the $0.45-0.50 range (new builds are usually lower but the fees will reset once the condo corporation does its first reserve fund study).
(01-18-2019, 11:25 AM)Spokes Wrote: Wow.  That's not where I expected to see $1 million units thats for sure.

The penthouse units at 1 Victoria were around the $1m mark. Four of them, ranging from 1900 sq ft to 2200 sq ft, the smaller end being under $1m and the larger over $1m. Those prices are for the ones that sold after completion, a couple years ago, don't know what pre-construction pricing was.

Given the general uplift in the market, I'd say this means they're hoping the Waterpark penthouse is just as valuable. Must be a massive unit, or very nicely renovated, if that's true.
(01-18-2019, 06:50 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 11:25 AM)Spokes Wrote: Wow.  That's not where I expected to see $1 million units thats for sure.

The penthouse units at 1 Victoria were around the $1m mark. Four of them, ranging from 1900 sq ft to 2200 sq ft, the smaller end being under $1m and the larger over $1m. Those prices are for the ones that sold after completion, a couple years ago, don't know what pre-construction pricing was.

Given the general uplift in the market, I'd say this means they're hoping the Waterpark penthouse is just as valuable. Must be a massive unit, or very nicely renovated, if that's true.

That's what I mean though. 1 Vic wouldn't surprise me.  An older building like Waterpark surprised me.
(01-18-2019, 09:30 PM)Spokes Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 06:50 PM)taylortbb Wrote: The penthouse units at 1 Victoria were around the $1m mark. Four of them, ranging from 1900 sq ft to 2200 sq ft, the smaller end being under $1m and the larger over $1m. Those prices are for the ones that sold after completion, a couple years ago, don't know what pre-construction pricing was.

That's what I mean though. 1 Vic wouldn't surprise me.  An older building like Waterpark surprised me.

1 Victoria isn't really a high-end building, though. It's new and it's nice, but that's really it. If I were paying $1M for a unit, I would want to have very nice common areas, too. And I think that's why they had trouble (at 1 Victoria) selling two floors' worth of penthouse units for between $500K and $1M.
Insofar as amenities are concerned, what does 1 Victoria have?

On a side, from what I've heard it's often the indoor pool and lower-than-they-should-have-been condo fees at inception that drive the jump up at reserve fund study time.
Time for a "general condo conversation" thread?

Possibly..or just the thread evolve as it will, such is the nature of the interwebz :p
(01-19-2019, 11:07 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Time for a "general condo conversation" thread?

I'll get that done. I had been thinking the same thing ...
Someone was asking about the 'highest-end condo' in K-W and there were a few suggestions/opinions. Well, in terms of pricing for new, namely largely, condos, looks like Caroline St. Private Residences is up there, if not the most expensive. From what remains currently on sale by developer, 2 bedroom Penthouse, 1645 interior square feet, $974.9k and $999.9k for one floor above that, identical unit.

Now that's penthouse. In the regular tower, 2bd+den 967sqft $469.9k which to be fair seems competitive for K-W from a $/sqft point of view.

The units are surely to be nicely appointed w/ finishes.
(01-22-2019, 03:43 PM)Momo26 Wrote: The units are surely to be nicely appointed w/ finishes.

Nice units are nice. But at $500K+ for a condo, I would expect very nicely finished common areas as well. 144 Park is nice in that regard, but I don't know yet what CPR will look like.
Amazing how one developer can get it done so much better/faster over another.
It's true. There is one developer I have surpreme confidence in. There are a few I have none.

Alright now in curious, which do you have supreme confidence in? Momentum?
Momentum. Yup. Between project ideas, design, sales, locations, construction, they're killing it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »